Smart Cash debit card for young persons from Red Kite Credit Union
Engage Smart Cash is an ethical Visa debit card and account that truly benefits the credit union junior member. It is available to young persons from age 8 to age 16 and is associated with a Young Savers saving account with the credit union. The card is also linked to a parent or guardian or other appropriate person and that 'trustee' can exercise control over the usage of the card by the child.
Engage Smart Cash is a reloadable prepaid debit card linked with an e-account that works similarly to a high street bank account. It is available only from a credit union.
The Engage Smart Cash account and Visa debit card works just like an account from a high street bank but is only available from your Engage accredited credit union..
Junior credit union members get their own personalised Visa debit card and account with UK sort code and account number. With help from their 'trustee' the young person can get experience in using an on-line bank account and generally in managing their money.
It is NOT a credit card and the child cannot borrow money with it or get into debt.
The Engage Smart Cash Account
- Small on-off charge for a Smart Cash card
- No further management fees
- FREE for any purchases made within the UK
- FREE mobile apps available on Android and iPhone for child and trustee
- Engage Envelope Money Management Tool
- Earn up to 15% cashback with Engage rewards partners
- Only £0.75 for an ATM withdrawal in the UK
- FREE to set up a standing order
- FREE email alerts to help track card usage
- FREE transfer from the card to credit union savings account
Benefits to Junior members of credit union
- Contactless Visa debit card and personal account
- Earn up to 15% cashback when you shop with Smartcash online and high street reward retailers
- Get cash from ATM (small ATM fee applies)
- Send/request pocket money from your mobile app
- Send money instantly to your credit union savings account
- A safer way to spend on the high street and online
Benefits to Parent/Guardian Trustee
- Teach the children how to manage money effectively
- Transfer their pocket money electronically from your account
- Encourages junior members to save with the credit union
- Safe and secure way for junior members to spend - with full parental control